Arctic Char Stuffed With Ginger, Lime Leaves, Chiles And Onions
- 2 x 12 ounce whole arctic char, fillets, (skin on)
- cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 sm onion, sliced
- 1 x 1 inch ginger, julienned
- 1/2 sm jalapeno pepper, thinly, sliced
- 1 x lime, thinly, sliced
- 6 x lime leaf
- several sprigs fresh coriander
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, for brushing
- butcher's twine
- Preheat a grill to medium high setting and brush well to remove residue.
- Season the fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high setting. Saute/fry the onion for about 4-5 min, till soft and golden brown. Add in the ginger and jalapeno and saute/fry for a further 3 min. Remove from heat.
- Lay 1 char fillet flesh side up on a baking sheet. Arrange half the lime leaves, and coriander sprigs, proportionately along flesh of fish. Top with half the onion mix, spreading proportionately. Add in lime slices and then top with remaining onion mix. Finish with remaining lime leaves and coriander and finally lay second fillet with skin side up, on top of filling, enclosing stuffing.
- Wrap both fillets together tightly with butcher's twine using a criss -cross pattern to secure. Tie tightly and brush with vegetable oil grill for about 4-5 min per side or possibly till middle of stuffing is just hot when inserted with knife. Try to turn fish only once and reduce heat if skin is browning too rapidly.