- About Arctic Char
- News & Press
- Our Products
- Submit Your Recipe
- “Bombay” and Red Beet Infused Arctic Char
- Arctic Char with Gravlax Sorrel Cream Sauce
- Jalapeno-Honey Tartar Sauce
- Marinade for Grilled Arctic Char
- Arctic Char Chowder
- Arctic Char In Salt Crust With Saffron Aioli
- Arctic Char Stuffed With Ginger, Lime Leaves, Chiles And Onions
- Arctic Char Tartare, Shaved Fennel Salad and Buttered Toast Points
- Contact Us
Frozen Arctic Char
Fish that aren’t sent out fresh are quick frozen to ensure the highest amount of nutrients and taste is retained. They remain frozen until they are defrosted for consumption and yet the taste is as fresh as the day they were harvested. In many ways, frozen char may actually taste fresher than the fresh char bought during the limited window because they arrive to you exactly in the state they were frozen in.
The most cost-effective way to purchase Truly Wild Arctic Char is whole dressed and cleaned fish. These whole fish are available in the following weight sizes:
- 1.81 – 2.72 kg / 4-6 lbs
- 2.72 – 3.63 kg / 6-8 lbs
- 3.63 – 4.54 kg / 8-10 lbs
- 4.54 – 5.45 kg / 10-12 lbs
- 5.54 kg / 12 lbs and up
Whole char with the head removed are individually vacuum-sealed and labeled identifying the authenticity of the product. They are sold by the carton, each containing 12 fish that weight approximately 1.65 kg / 3.63 lbs each. Net carton weight is 20 kg / 44 lbs.
Fillets and Steaks
Truly Wild Arctic Char whole fillets are available with the pin bone in or out. These whole sides of the fish are individually quick frozen and packaged in various carton weights. Steaks are cross-sections of the char and offer little to no waste. Steaks are either vacuum-sealed as 2-4 steaks per package or available in loose bulk packages filled with 8-12 steaks.